“Rebranding becomes a critical step for a company to be considered seriously when expanding to more aggressive markets and facing competitors with more established brand images” – Les Kréateurs; Successful Small Business Rebranding
Rebranding is a process which involves transformation, change or differentiation of the existing brand. Often, this process involves radical changes to a brand’s logo, name, image, marketing strategy, and advertising themes.
Here are the most common scenarios for rebranding:
- The business got sold and the new owners have different business vision. The old brand identity may carry baggage from the past therefore it won’t communicate effectively new direction.
- As businesses grow their purpose and vision becomes more refined. In this case rebranding maybe a necessary step to stay up to date with the evolution of the business.
- Rebranding may be initiated to get rid of the negative connotations that potentially may affect profitability.
- Differentiation from its competition. Differentiating from competitors is important in order to attract more customers and an effective way to draw in more desirable employees.
Common clues suggesting that your business in need of rebranding:
- Lack of consistency. Your company logo, slogan and any visual attributes associated with visual identity must be consistent across offline and online media.
- Your store signage doesn’t catch attention and/or very hard to see, to read.
- When you give your business card to a prospective client – he/she can not figure out what exactly do you do.
- Your logo is taken from the stock photography site.
- Your business is in the growth stage and you just don’t see that the existing logo communicates your success effectively.
- When you align your logo with your competitors your logo just feels out of place.
- You don’t know what your logo is communicating.
At GrafikaVision we take rebranding process very carefully. We understand that most business owners are married to their logos and changing its look may require time and planning. Depending on the size of the business we may choose to do rebranding quickly and seamlessly or strategically and slowly.
We don’t always recommend to do the rebranding. Depending on the research and market analysis, your current branding may work effectively but inconsistently. In this case we develop a strategy to build upon the existing brand and create better exposure which yields greater awareness and sales.
If you’re curious about rebranding – we need to talk. During the essential meeting we will evaluate your up-to-date branding efforts. Also, don’t forget to check out our portfolio and GrafikaVision facebook page.