WHAT IS BRAND?
As competition creates infinite choices, companies look for ways to connect emotionally with customers, become irreplaceable, and create lifelong relationships. A strong brand stands out in a densely crowded marketplace. People fall in love with brands, trust them and believe in their superiority. Brand perception affects business success, regardless of whether it’s a start-up, a non-proft or a product.
WHAT IS BRANDING?
Branding is a disciplined process used to build awareness and extend customer loyalty. It requires commitment and readiness to invest in the future. Branding is about seizing every opportunity to express why people should choose your brand over another. A desire to lead, outpace the competition, and give employees the best tools to reach customers are the reasons why companies value branding.
Types of branding:
- Co-branding: partnering with another brand to achieve reach.
- Digital branding: web, social media, search engine optimization (SEO), driving commerce on the web.
- Personal branding: the way an individual builds their reputation and public image.
- Cause branding: aligning your brand with a charitable cause; or corporate social responsibility.
- Emotional branding: a dynamic cocktail of anthropology, imagination, sensory experiences, and visionary approach to change.
When is a good time to start branding process? The most common scenarios:
- I have a new company or new product.
- I’m starting a new business. I need a business card and a website.
- We need to raise money for a cause. The campaign needs to have its own identity.
- We need to raise venture capital, even though we do not have our first customer yet.
- We need to communicate more clearly about who we are
YOUR BRAND – YOUR STORY
We believe that the essence of successful branding is creating a credible story about your company that tells your customer that you will deliver on your promise. Good stories have an emotional value and are easy to remember and share with others. Every business has a story to tell.
Early in the process we want to learn you – the client. We will ask you questions to explore your culture and history to establish the essential connection. We want to know your goals and challenges and learn what works in your business. This process often leads to interesting discoveries and insights. In our work we involve the client early in the process and build the brand story together.
Next stage involves research and market analysis. This is the time when we learn about your market, competition and potential development. We look at other brand stories and investigate what works and what doesn’t.
Remember that your corporate identity – your brand – is, without doubts, the most important element of ANY of your business aspects – marketing, sales, public relations, even employees’ loyalty and respect for the company.
If you’re curious about branding and wondering whether branding is right for you – we need to talk. During the introductory meeting we will evaluate your up-to-date branding efforts. Also don’t forget to check out our portfolio and GrafikaVision facebook page.
“We are in the twilight of a society based on data. As information and intelligence become the domain of computers, society will place new value on the one human ability that can’t be automated: emotion. Companies will thrive on the basis of their stories and myths. Companies will need to understand that their products are less important than their stories.”
– Rolf Jensen, Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies